Speakers and Topics:
We will have an exciting and informative evening with speakers covering topics of wide community interest to Upcountry and all of the County.
- County Real Property Tax Administrator Marcy Martin will explain County Council proposals now being considered to create a tiered rate structure. This would allow the county to have higher property tax rates for very expensive homes.
- To promote a more resilient island Maui Electric Company will explain how their company copes with major storms, and how homeowners can make their own homes more resilient to damaging storms.
- Maui District Health Officer Dr. Lorrin Pang will present some novel ideas on how families may protect themselves against rat lungworm disease.
- Simon Russell will describe issues that have arisen as Maui transitions from a sugar plantation agriculture to diversified agriculture. He will examine water politics and the recruitment of young farmers with affordable housing.
- Lauren Armstrong will give us an update on the Maui Island Long-range Transportation Plan. This plan will prioritize highways and other modes of transportation.
For more information: 283-4376
Community Announcements - November 2019
Kula Elementary School will hold its 32nd HARVEST FESTIVAL from 9am-4pm on Saturday, November 23 at the school. This is a great, free-admission event with your neighbors. There will be a petting zoo, Kula produce for sale, representatives from several organizations helping our community, and much more. A family event!
Mail in membership form.